Eating more homecooked meals can help you take charge of what’s going in your body, making it easier to stick to your diet plan. However, preparing your meals every single day can be a little tiring. Especially if you have too much on your plate (pun intended) or when you’ve had a long day at work.
Instead of ordering a takeaway as usual (and low-key hating yourself for it), whip up one of these no-cook meals that are easy to make and totally healthy:
- Chicken, Avocado and Cucumber Caprese Salad: This delicious salad is loaded with protein, fiber, healthy fats and antioxidants. And it takes less than 20 minutes to put the whole thing together. Alternatively, you can add the salad into a few romaine leaves and eat it as lettuce wraps! Get the recipe here.
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto: Zucchini noodles or zoodles are all the rage among health-conscious consumers. It’s low-carb, gluten-free and vegan and paleo-friendly. Just toss some zoodles in fresh basil and your Vitamin C-rich meal is ready! Here’s the simple recipe.
- Tuna Salad Collard Wraps: Tuna is an excellent source of vitamins (A and B-12), protein and magnesium. While collard greens are chock full of fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and calcium. To make this gluten-free wrap, whip up some tuna salad and roll it in trimmed collard wraps. Get the full recipe here. You can also use leftover chicken, turkey, lentils or vegetables as fillings for the wraps.
- Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad: I love all things shrimp, which is why this salad recipe is one of my all-time favorites! It’s light, nutritious and oh-so-refreshing! Oh, and did I mention it takes hardly 20 minutes to make this Instagrammable salad? Check out the recipe here.
- Beet Noodles with Yogurt and Dill: Creamy yogurt and fresh dill perfectly blend with the sweetness of beets in this quick, gluten-free recipe. You can use either raw beet noodles or sauté them. Get the full recipe here.
- 5-Minute Veggie Coconut Wraps: Fresh vegetables, hummus and curry paste rolled in coconut wraps make for a quick meal that’s both filling and delicious. Also, you can throw in seasonal veggies and other ingredients of your choice, if you’re feeling a little adventurous. Here’s the full recipe.
- Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad: Loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this colorful salad is as delicious as it’s healthy. You can play around with seasonal fruits of your choice to add more flavor. Get the recipe here. You might also like this Coconut Milk Quinoa Fruit Salad recipe.
- Cucumber-Almond Gazpacho: Made with cucumber, bell pepper and unsweetened almond milk, this white gazpacho is both healthy and satisfying. For garnishing, sprinkle some sliced toasted almonds. Add one or two tablespoons of yogurt on the top, if you want to make the soup creamier. Here’s the recipe. You might also want to try this Charred Tomato Gazpacho recipe.
- Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich: It takes mere minutes to whip up these yummy sandwiches. Each one is packed with essential nutrients like protein, fiber, iron, potassium and magnesium. For dressing, use dairy-free mayo, mustard and fresh dill. Here’s the full recipe.
- Apple, Celery and Walnut Salad: This delightful salad is a healthy and hassle-free option for lunch and weeknight dinners. It’s filling, flavorful and packed with the goodness of fresh Fuji apples and antioxidant-rich walnuts. Get the recipe here. You can also use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in the recipe.
So, which one of these easy-peasy recipes are you going to try tonight?