Victoria line suspended after person found dead on tracks

News

The Victoria Tube line in London has been suspended after a person was found dead on the tracks, British Transport Police (BTP) said.

With rush-hour approaching, Transport for London (TfL) said there was no service between Brixton and Warren Street and severe delays on the rest of the line.

Authorities temporarily closed Victoria Underground station following the incident, which happened around 4.45pm on Thursday afternoon. ​


We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

From
15p
€0.18
$0.18
USD 0.27
a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.

BTP said a person was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. 

An investigation has been launched, but the death is not being treated as suspicious.

At the same time, Southeastern Railway tweeted the line between Victoria and Kent had been blocked due to a “signalling problem”. It was unclear if the incidents were related. 

TfL said tickets were valid on local buses and railway networks. 

Photos shared on social media showed a number of ambulances and at least one fire engine outside the Tube station.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

48 hours in . . . Lyon, an insider guide to the host city of the Women’s World Cup Final
8 of the best Cornwall spa hotels
Extinction Rebellion: police warn Heathrow protesters of ‘life sentences’
Muhammad Ali is the new face of Louisville’s airport
Disabled presenter calls for air travel concessions after being abandoned on British Airways flight

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *